Sunday 6 October 2013

My School In Pictures

SMA Negeri Lima Palembang. My high school!
It is a public school for grades 10-12. About 300 students

The courtyard/parking lot in front of the school. Most students ride
motorbikes to school or get rides. The court is also for basketball
and futsal among other extracurriculars.

View of the classrooms from the interior of the school grounds.
The campus is open and full of beautiful flora! But always hot.

View of the school from the third floor. One floor per
grade level.

View of the courtyard from the corner of the buildings. Sweet plants for days.
This is the cafeteria. It's called 'Bule Canteen'. Students come buy food
from the cook who lives in the attached building.

Inside of the canteen. Not much room most students get food to go.


Inside the teacher's room. Note A/C units in top right of picture.
Very clutch. That's Ibu Mutmut in the front. She's fun.


Come sweet graffiti on the school grounds. 

Ballin' hard with the SMANLEE Bball squad. They call me Joakim. 

View of my neighborhood from the third floor. My house is by the one
with the blue roof. A five minute walk from school.

Some tenth graders caught me taking pictures on the third floor
and requested a photo shoot. I obliged of course.

Chillin' with some University of Sriwijaya students at BKB, an exciting
riverside hangout spot with good food and chill vibes.

Sporting the national teacher's batik after the teachers meeting. My favorite
batik to date.

Hangin' with the English-speaking expats at a cool Palembang bar and
restaurant called Ma Maison. Samar (left) is a Fulbright English Fellow
from New York teaching at Sriwijaya University and Andre (right) is
an athletic trainer from New Zealand.

Belting some mad tunage at karaoke with some more University students
that Jack used to teach. When I find out how to get videos up I'll show
some of the more epic songs. It was a blast.

SMANLEE's basketball team and their new secret weapon.

Adorable little Indonesian kid that I met at an ancient burial site. 
                        
                         And to finish, a photoshoot with two of my fabulous fellow teachers:




Cantik.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to Palembang! Hope you have fun while teaching in here. This city may seems boring, but it sure have a lot to discover.

    ReplyDelete