Tuesday 22 October 2013

A Tale of Two Days


A Tale of Two Days in Palembang
Written, Directed, Produced, and Photographed by Matthew

'Twas the day of speech finals,
and all through the mall,
the students were speeching,
and having a ball.

Although my bright students,
did not win the cash,
we all threw up peace signs,
for the camera's bright flash.

The competition was fierce,
and the rain was a' pouring,
so we headed to Bu Nelly's,
for some body restoring.

The mat was laid down,
for a special delight,
a masseuse gave massages,
late into the night. 

The power went out!
'Twas a slumber party!
We had candle-lit fun
to the highest degree!

I was so grateful
that they welcomed me,
I felt right at home
with my new family.
The next morning we cruised,
to the local pool,
to splish and to splash,
and to straight act a' fool.
Bu Nelly's two sons,
and their cousin too,
along with one white guy,
'twas a super dope crew.

The pool was equipped,
with a fancy cafe,
where we ordered iced tea,
and some 'makan sore'.

How could I forget!?
Liza was there too!
She was quite a rascal,
though her smile gives no clue.

The bros were a' bro-in',
as bros tend to do,
and I got a sweet base tan,
that caramel-brown hue.

The weather was splendid,
the water was cool,
we swam straight for hours
'til we ran out of fuel.
When I finally got home,
from my fun in the sun,
I put kitty in my shirt,
and the weekend was done.

1 comment:

  1. The last verse sums up everything nicely. Two thumbs up! :)
    P.S: where is that nice pool in Palembang?

    ReplyDelete