Wednesday 25 September 2013

Indonesiantroduction

I’ve created this blog as a means to transcribe and communicate the meaningful experiences that I have during my 9 months in Indonesia. I realize that all the people that I care about are very busy, and so I will do my best to relay the events of my life abroad in a concise and hopefully entertaining manner.

I have been in Indonesia for 3 weeks now, and but I feel that my life here in Palembang is just beginning. I will try and create a synopsis of my travel to Singapore, my few days in Palembang, and my two week orientation in Bandung to post on this blog. In short, I can say that I’ve have learned so much already of the intensely welcoming Indonesian people and their language. I have experienced the highs and lows of being so far away from home in a culture that is truly different from my own. I have also made 34 new friends who I know will serve as advocates and support networks as we all navigate our new lives throughout this vast country.

I plan on relaying my experience in a few different ways through this blog. I hope to provide lots of picture, to tell short stories, to list things that I have done, and to make comments of things that I observe. My hope is that this blog will serve as a means to communicate my experiences with family and friends. But even more so I hope that this blog helps all who read to understand a little bit more about the Indonesian people, and to realize, as I have been realizing, that we are all more alike than we had ever imagined. Thank you for reading.

1 comment:

  1. An Amazing Adventure, Matthew!!
    Keep the comments coming~Your experience is life-changing!
    The Indonesian people are so fortunate to experience such a COOL
    American Dude, hanging out right there with them in their classrooms!!
    I love you "to the Moon and back"...xoxo...Mom

    ReplyDelete